Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Kids are smart! Yes, we knew that already....

Tonight during the Single Parent Support Group that I run, I was waiting for the right time to start meditation. After we finished our discussion, we had about 10 minutes left to meditate. For the first hour plus of group, all the kids were playing in the other room while the parents were talking. The instant I began the breathing meditation, we closed our eyes, began to breathe, I started speaking, the energy of the group settled and all of our children walked into the room and stood next to their parents. I talked the parents through the rest of the closed-eye meditation with their children standing next to them. The energy was instantly amazing. The kids were pulled in by our energy shifting literally the second it shifted. I felt the shift and the kids walked in the room. It was amazing. And all the adults noticed it too.

I started off by saying how children often act out our energy. If we're stressed or upset, they often act it out to mirror to us what's wrong with ourselves. What I learned tonight is that kids really like to be near their parents when their parents meditate. This exhibited the essence of the Law of Attraction. This was certainly the first time I have ever noticed this degree of response in children. I am grateful the parents were able to see this. And it shows how much a part of us our children are, how tuned into us they are, and how responsive to us they are when we are calm.

I think we will definitely start off with a meditation next time. It never ceases to amaze me how much we accomplish when we get quiet and meditate. It's so much more effective than talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment