Friday, September 7, 2012

What kind of meditation do I teach?

I am often asked this question before people come to my classes: "What kind of meditation do you teach?" My response is often, "Many types of meditation." So I felt it would be good to explain my answer more in-depth. Around 2000-2001, my first meditations learned came from Buddhist (Tibetan) teachings. I began with very simple meditations, mantras, and breathwork. Next, I learned Kripalu Yoga, learning mantras, breathwork and an evolving silent, seated meditation, simply focused at the 3rd eye and on the breath. You can call many of these breath-awareness meditations and chakra meditations. Somewhere during this time, I learned Shamanic trance and journeying, healing with the drum and using this focus as a meditation. Then I learned Vipassana Meditations, learning to cultivate love during meditation, directing that love at myself and my emotions with more breath-awareness and heart-centered focus. After that, I learned Metta Meditation, a Buddhist practice of Loving-Kindness. I spent a long time with four phrases (very similar in some ways to Ho'oponopono) offering love, compassion and kindness first to oneself and then sending it to others. At around that time, I learned Reiki, which uses various types of Tibetan Buddhist meditations, mantras, and also Violet Flame meditations. Here is where my clairvoyance really evolved. After learning Reiki, I re-discovered a deep foundational connection to the Archangels, speaking with them and letting them speak through me as a medium. At that point, the Angels would then guide meditations through me. Since that time I have used Ho'oponopono as a meditation, using Sikh mantras and scripture as meditations, dance and yoga as meditation, walking meditations, silence and nature, and others. Meditation is known as listening. Whatever we can do to quiet the mind so we can hear God, or our Guides, or our own inner voice, is a meditation. The route to meditation and peace is individual. Everyone needs a different tool from the toolbox. Having learned and practiced many of these tools, I tend to empty myself of expectations before I teach a group. Therefore, the words I speak or the space I hold is a mix of words, breath, chant, and silence, designed for the group that is present at that time. Each meditation is unique, each class is unique. My only intention is to get out of the way and allow Spirit to use me to benefit those present. With love,

No comments:

Post a Comment