Friday, November 16, 2012

Raw Soup...Magic

So last night I went to make dinner in the blender. A raw soup....carrots, sorrel, broccoli, a bell pepper, salt, Bragg's Amino Liquids, coconut oil,with apple cider vinegar. So I am tasting the soup, thinking, "Yuck" (raw broccoli is not my favorite flavor) and one of my housemates walks into the kitchen and sees my face, and says, "Good soup, eh?" And walks out of the room laughing at me. Then I decide to call my other housemate in, he's been a raw vegan for 11 years, hardcore raw vegan, and I knew he would like my soup. So I called him in, in he walks, yep, takes bite, and he says, "Mmm, it's good." I'm thinking, "Yeah, whatever." But at least I don't have to drink the whole thing, he's sharing it with me. So then he goes to get some spices and seasonings, some nutritional yeast and pizza spices and sesame seeds. So he shares the spices with me, and voila!!! The soup is now potable and much more enjoyable. You know what the lesson here for me is? The importance of community! I was not able to make that soup taste right because I didn't have the right seasonings, but that's why we have friends. So then my other housemate walks in and shares the soup and we're all laughing about how much better the soup tastes. It's about community! Community makes soup taste better! Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment