Thursday, October 8, 2009

Oh my raw hummus!

Ok, I'm sure I will improve on this raw hummus, but either I'm really hungry tonight or this is way good.

Reminder: I don't measure... :-)

1C chickpeas soak in water for 24 hrs. Rinse 2x/day. Let sit covered in glass container for 2 days, rinse every 12 hours.

****Note: This is a raw recipe, but I heard you have you soak the chickpeas in hot water, boil a pot of water, and turn it off, add chickpeas for one minute, remove and rinse with cold water, then mix with the rest of the ingredients. If you don't do this, the hummus tastes bad. Now, this is obviously then not a 100% raw recipe...if any raw foodies know a better version, do share.

3 cloves garlic ( I love garlic )
juice 2-3 lemons
4T Olive Oil
(seasoning...I used curry this time, but not a lot) cumin or paprika works
4T fresh parsley
water...enough to get it to blend until smoothe

Add all to a Vita Mix...(food processor works), I had to stir with a spoon a lot, stop, stir, mix...etc.

Slice some celery and carrot sticks or get some raw crackers and eat away.

No comments:

Post a Comment