Friday, March 18, 2011

Post Karunamayi Homa Ceremony

This morning I attended a Homa Ceremony with Karunamayi in Sunnyvale, CA. I left with a refreshed connection to Lord Ganesha through Karunamayi and to the Gayatri Mantra, which I began chanting as I learned Kripalu Yoga 11 years ago. As we chanted various mantras during the fire ceremony, we were reminded that today is Divine Mother day. And with that awareness I noticed the vast bowl of womanhood and divinity that Karunamayi and Ammaji both embody and this one-pointed focus on service that Mother Theresa was well known for. I am reminded of what it means to be in service to God and the power that comes from this one-pointed focus on God alone, dis-allowing the distractions of the ego, the mental body, the emotional body, human desires, and the like. The purity of the heart that serves God alone, not the ego, is the purity that many wish to create within, but this purity is found alone, not through the constant seeking of comfort, craving, and instant gratification of the senses. So with the Gayatri Mantra, we go deep within the heart, to joy, to God, to ego-less formlessness and peace.

Om Shanti,

2 comments: