Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Water Snake and Seaweed

Today I am eating seaweed and drinking coconut water. Not sure why I'm writing this, except to share that coconut water is yummy and I know my body needed seaweed.

Last night I experienced a very powerful healing and recognized the need for snake medicine. Following this invocation, and fast-forwarding to today, during my walk in Foster City by the lagoon, I noticed a black and orange water snake on the path, with a yellow stripe running down the middle. The snake was about a foot long and about an inch wide. I rarely encounter snakes in California so this was a nice treat and confirmation of what was happening last night for me.

It's always amazing to me to work with animals along with the angels and masters because as you study animal medicine and learn what each animal can provide, connecting with them will really help you move through something that you may not otherwise know how to move through.

Often during the years of self-healing that I have done, I have said, "I'm stuck." So what I have learned is to ask this question, "Which animal can get me out of this? Which animal do I need right now?" Prior to asking that, you may need to ask, "Where am I? Who am I?"

So for example last night, I felt like a sewer rat. And I thought, "God, okay, what animal can I transform myself into to get out of the sewer?" And what came to me is that the snake can come and eat the rat and transform that energy and get itself back up into the sunlight. So, this was a part of the healing I was working through last night.

Shape-shifting is a great tool and I highly recommend reading Animal Speak by Ted Andrews. It's a nice animal medicine bible to keep handy.

Snake is about healing. Water snake for me was about healing the emotions. Snake has many meanings of course, and there is more to this story, but hey, I have to keep some things private!!

Love, blessings, and thank God it's sunny and warm finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment